[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Microphone info

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Microphone info
From: Alastair Couper (kalepa_AT_shaka.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 23:43:47 EEST

Yes, I should state the intention. I have a SM58 knockoff (by Fender) that
I use on hand drums. My interest de jeur is to record a female vocalist.

I am an electrical engineer by education, so am amenable to freq charts,
THD, spatial plots and such. But the "warm" thing seems to me empty. Seems
like judicious EQ should get you what you want, given that the transducer
is coming up with a clean reproduction to begin with. But then one gets
into subjectivity and black magic again.

I am looking a Studio Projects B1, for instance.