[linux-audio-user] Re: Jack and Xruns

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Jack and Xruns
From: Alastair Couper (kalepa_AT_shaka.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 19:48:25 EEST

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 07:29:41 -0700, Mark Knecht
<mknecht_AT_controlnet.com> wrote:

> 4) On the same track, what environment are you in. I have far fewer
> problems with fluxbox than I had with KDE, but others are fine with KDE
> so who knows...

KDE seems to be fine if you turn off what you don't need. I got rid of the
CD scanning app, turn off all the GUI animations, turn off Knotify, arts,
and whatever else I can find. I also turn off all the unessential boot
time services, even syslog (which is only needed if you are debugging
something).