[linux-audio-user] M-Audio MidiSport 2x4?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio MidiSport 2x4?
From: noise floor (object88_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 23:37:32 EEST

Hello! I'm new to the list, and only marginally familiar with Linux.
I've used Linux on and off for several years, but never for audio
before. I've compiled the kernal in the past, but never done anything
quite so complicated as setting up SMP and low-latency, which I plan
to. My target machine is a dual PII-350.

I'm looking at putting together a system that I can run outboard MIDI
gear from to start with, using either a Tracker or general-purpose MIDI
sequencer.

I've seen the compatibility chart, and think I'd like to pick up a
small M-Audio interface. The MidiSport 2x2 is probably too small, as
I'd outgrow it quickly. The 4x4 is just about the right size... but
the 2x4 is insanely cheap on some webstores. Unfortunately, it's not
mentioned on the list, and I haven't seen any mention of it in the
archives.

Does anyone know if the MidiSport is supported? And if not, how can I
tell what chipset it has, so that I can guess if its even a worthwhile
attempt? Thanks for any advice!