[linux-audio-user] Can you record with OSS & Esssolo1?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Can you record with OSS & Esssolo1?
From: jmacdermott_AT_ns2.i-mecca.net
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 23:54:54 EEST

Another, hopefully not too obscure, question...

I have a Fedore Core 1 system that I'd like to record radio programs with. I
found a great little program, RadioCap
(http://www.scheinwelt.at/~norbertf/radiocap_homepage/), that will do just
that. It listens to /dev/dsp for its input.

FC1 uses OSS as default, and for the soundcard in this particular machine it was
working fine using the ESSSOLO1 driver. When I plug the radio into my mic or
line-in ports and unmute the channels, I can hear the radio through the PC's
speakers. But no input level shows on RadioCap. I did a few tests with XMMS,
etc., and it certainly seems to be using /dev/dsp for sound.

Is this a sound card problem? If I can hear the input, shouldn't it be able to
record it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay