OT was: Re: [linux-audio-user] anyone seen my ladcca_control?

Subject: OT was: Re: [linux-audio-user] anyone seen my ladcca_control?
From: John Check (j4strngs_AT_bitless.net)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 01:37:25 EEST

On Saturday 07 August 2004 05:33 am, LinuxMedia wrote:
> I didn't want to join the ladcca list because it looks like a developer
> list.

This email brings up several important point for the big picture, and I think
there is strategy to address them.
Flame if you must, but think before you react:

1) One has to subscribe to a thousand lists to stay on top of linux audio
2) The LA lists as a clearinghouse for info is suboptimal.

> I read everthing before building ladcca-0.4.0. I read several manuals
> about how to run it. Everything seemed to be working as the docs
> explained until I issued the command "ladcca_control" It reported
> back... "ladcca_control: command not found". I even tried it in a root
> shell and got the same message. I did a systemwide search for
> "ladcca_control" and nothing by that name came up.

Are you sure you didn't have a typo? I just couldn't find laddca_control
myself ;;) DOH!

What was your install path (./configure --prefix) ? If /usr/local (the usual
default), is /usr/local/bin in your $PATH? It's not normally in root's $PATH

Two commands you may find handy
which - tells you which copy of a binary you are using, also comes in handy
for executing programs without typing the complete path if you quote it and
it's argument with backticks

j4strngs_AT_xxxxx:~$ which ladcca_control
/usr/local/bin/ladcca_control

whereis - A lot like which, but tells you about programs not in you $PATH
j4strngs_AT_xxxxx:~$ whereis ladcca_control
ladcca_control: /usr/bin/ladcca_control /usr/local/bin/ladcca_control /usr/share/man/man1/ladcca_control.1.gz

You'll note whereis shows 2 existing binaries

> Ladcca looks really good. Any help would be appreciated.

It's right up there with jack in terms of importance IMO.
I need to minimally put together ladcca wrapper scripts for qjackctl