Re: [linux-audio-user] Stopping cron jobs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Stopping cron jobs
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 20:17:42 EEST

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 12:54, Rick B wrote:
> Hi all,
> Is there a way to keep cron jobs from running while doing audio
> work? I mean heaven forbid I'm doing something at 4am and cron wants to
> prelink and update the database.

You can also prevent a specific cron job from running by moving the
script in /etc/cron.daily out of the way, say to your home directory, or
chmod 000 it (though this will cause errors in the logs).

On an audio workstation you probably don't want updatedb to run at all -
just learn to use find(1).

Prelinking I don't know about, but Debian runs fine without it.

Lee