[linux-audio-user] Re: [ANN] jamin-0.9.0 release

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [ANN] jamin-0.9.0 release
From: Greg Murphy (public_gmm_AT_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 12:32:30 EEST

> On Mon Aug 9 13:32:31 2004 Alastair Couper wrote:
> > While we're on the subject, could anyone point to a tutorial or
something
> > similar that covers mastering? Big subject, I know, but I am
wanting to

> I found the 'Articles' section at <http://www.digido.com> to be
> a good starting point.
>
> But, of course, they're trying to sell the book.

The book is well worth reading IMO - Bob Katz knows his stuff. I'd also
add that the Mastering Webboard is worth seeing. I've been lurking
there for a couple of years now and learned a lot. The board is
frequented by some fairly big names in the industry (including
Massenburg, Meadows, Collins, Faulkner, Katz, etc.). Topics are many
and varied but are always informative e.g. recently there was a
discussion about when linear phase is preferable to minimum phase and
vice versa.

Greg

Greg