[linux-audio-user] Buying an audio interface for my notebook

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Buying an audio interface for my notebook
From: Carlo Capocasa (capocasa_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 15:45:06 EEST

Hi!

I'm looking into buying a professional quality audio interface for my notebook
computer.

I would like it to be as small and with as few cables as possible while still
having all the pro features: Ultra Low Latency, no distortion, no background
noise, and high sampling rates and resolution.

I would like to use my notebook as an instrument (synths/samplers) as well as
for Multi-Track recording purposes.

The RME Hammerfall DSP System Cardbus interface seems to be a decent choice.
Does anybody have experience with this or other professional audio I/O
products on notebook computers?

Carlo