Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 15:37:00 EEST

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:52:39 +0200
Tom <tom_AT_abwaerts.be> wrote:

> * [Wednesday 11 August 2004 13:46] Erik de Castro Lopo:
>
> > Written in C (unlike (flux|black)box which is C++).
>
> Why is that an advantage?

I don't like looking at my own C++ code let alone other
peoples. At least with C, if the code compiles, its rarely
too blecherous for me to look at and usually trivial to fix
even if it isn't. For C++ code the flaws are often in the
design which makes it easier to rewrite from scratch than
it is to fix it.

> True, true. You might have a look at PekWM, too.

Thats C++. No thanks, not while I have one in a C.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"The RIAA is obsessed to the point of comedy with the frustration
of having its rules broken, without considering whether such rules
might be standing in the way of increased revenues. Indeed,
Napster and Gnutella may turn out to be the two best music-marketing
gimmicks yet devised, if only the RIAA would take its head out of
its ass long enough to realise it."
-- Thomas C Greene on www.theregister.co.uk