Re: [linux-audio-user] soundfonts and samplers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] soundfonts and samplers
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 11:27:11 EEST

> is it difficult to compile your own soundfonts...

When I was working with soundfonts, I used the smurf soundfont editor.

http://smurf.sourceforge.net/

It's new name is "swami" but I couldn't get swami to work. I can't
remember if I spent the time to read the smurf docs but not the swami
one? You can try both and see how they work for you. It just seems to me
that smurf worked without a hastle, but I really had to mess with swami.
I don't even remember if I got swami to work. But smurf works well.

I'm excited about speciman because I find soundfonts to be a very
(un)flexible way to put instrument sets together. And it seems a bit
complicated (but made more sense as I used smurf).

Rocco