Re: [linux-audio-user] External sound card for laptop.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] External sound card for laptop.
From: Thomas Hauth (Thomas.Hauth_AT_web.de)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 08:51:28 EEST

Hi Arnault !
Be careful with external sound cards! A friend of mine buyed the
creative labs sound blaster extigy

http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=207&product=585

for his laptop and he has got serious latency problems ( >200ms) on
windows using Cubase. This external "card" uses USB which seems to be a
bit too slow for this kind of application.
Maybe there is firewire Hardware out there ? ?

Greets,
Thomas