Re: [linux-audio-user] (no subject)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] (no subject)
From: Dylan (audio_AT_dylan.me.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 17:19:14 EEST

On Thursday 12 Aug 2004 20:43 pm, Erik Steffl wrote:
> Dylan wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > This may be somewhat off topic, but I figure some of you may well
> > know the answer...
> >
> > I'm trying to set up an audio server to connect to my home stereo,
> > and have been looking for an app with the following features: web
> > based interface for playlisting, and playback through local sound
> > card.
> >
> > I've found plenty of options which provide streaming, but none
> > which play through the server's own sound system.
>
> have client on the same machine.

I don't want to stream the audio anywhere at all. Why on earth should I
have to install, configure and maintain a streaming server and client
when I can simply have the machine play the file directly - less
resources used, less to go wrong, less to worry about.

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"
                                  -Dark Helmet