Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?
From: Andrew Dahlin (krinkle_AT_adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 22:27:59 EEST

honestly, compiling a kernel is trivial once you build one successfully. the first time will take a few hours to get it right (tops), but by the time you're done, you know exactly what you're doing. i can configure a kernel from scratch in about 20 minutes... and i'm not a hacker or anything... i just know what i need. i'm not saying everyone should build their own kernel, but if you install your distro's sources (with their .config), it's fairly risk free. just back up your old kernel. [OT: if you run lilo, don't forget to run lilo after copying over the new kernel. TONS of people don't realize this their first time]

--Andrew