Re: [linux-audio-user] some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation
From: Erik Steffl (steffl_AT_bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 01:37:24 EEST

Jack Bowling wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 04:57:31PM -0400, John Check wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Yes, for deep technical discussions, the participants need to be qualified,
>>but when one is blazing a new trail it's better to chop off the branch that's
>>in your way than it is to let it smack the person behind you in the face
>>because after all, they're an explorer too. ;)
>
> <snip>
>
> Wow. What a great metaphor. Might just use this one ;)

   what I was tought is to never ever follow people on a trail too
closely (i.e. I am responsible for my safety, not somebody else). [of
course, it's nice/good/appropriate to be considerate of people who are
behind us]

   not entirely sure how to translate it to software development:-)
maybe don't use beta (pre-release, early release) when you're not ready
for beta?

        erik