Re: [linux-audio-user] some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 04:31:21 EEST

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:02:45 -0400
John Check <j4strngs_AT_bitless.net> wrote:

> Actually, if that was the de facto standard way of doing things, the
> situation would be a lot better than it currently is. Reality though?
> If I wanted to be a jackass, I could go wipe out every wiki or plant
> bogus info. Would you trust something that open for use with win32?
> Human nature.

Yes, those are arguments often heard. Tell that to the guys at
http://wikipedia.org. I strongly believe in the strengths of wikis and
in nightly backups :) btw: Every sane Wiki system stores every revision
of a page, so it is easy to revert evil changes. Probably easier than
adding maliscious content [if not automated]..

Also i'm sure there's wiki system with some stricter permissions system.
I use a very simple wiki, but i can for example already "lock" pages.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://affenbande.org/~tapas/