Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime modules problem, 2.6.6

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime modules problem, 2.6.6
From: John Check (j4strngs_AT_bitless.net)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 09:37:49 EEST

On Sunday 15 August 2004 01:11 am, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> dee <deetee_AT_diversity-radio.net> writes:
> > I'm running debian kernel 2.6.6 and am trying to get the
> > realtime-lsm module compiled -without success.
> >
> > I first tried the non-debian instructions in the INSTALL file, when this
> > didn't work, i tried
> > apt-get install realtime-source and
> > make-kpkg --append-to-version foo --added-patches=debian modules_image

What patches are you adding? Do you have the err uhh ADD_KERNEL_PATCHES
variable set? (Check the man page for make-kpkg or the readme for the patches
for the actual var)

I'd try:

make-kpkg --append-to-version foo --added-patches=debian

Then when thats done, make menuconfig, set up the things you patched for and
then 'make-kpkg kernel-image modules-image'

> Debian kernels are built rather differently. I don't think make-kpkg
> works with the vanilla LSM sources. There is a Debian binary package
> for the LSM, now. You might want to try that, instead. I think it's
> included in AGNULA (DeMuDi).

I have the realtime-lsm debian supplied sources. It's built as a module like
ALSA or Nvidia drivers or lmsensors, not a patch to the kernel like say,
lowlatency and preempt for 2.4