[linux-audio-user] Sending and recieving data between computers using JACK

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Sending and recieving data between computers using JACK
From: Luke Yelavich (luke_AT_audioslack.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 08:05:20 EEST

Hi all
this may have come up before, but I couldn't find anything quite relavent to
what I would like to do.

I would like to send data from one machine that is using JACK clients to another
machine, which would use the JACK icecast client to broadcast the data in OGG
format. I would prefer to send the data from the first machine as pure PCM, and
let the second machine do the encoding to OGG and broadcasting.

What JACK client would be most appropriate between the two machines for sending
and receiving data in PCM format?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Luke Yelavich