Re: [linux-audio-user] External sound card for laptop.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] External sound card for laptop.
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 21:09:33 EEST

Hallo,
sigir hat gesagt: // sigir wrote:

> Arnault Teissier a écrit :
> > Someone could maybe report a good experience with this kind of hardware,
> > and advice my a specific external sound card.
>
> Terratec Phase 26 USB
> I never use it but I hear some good things about it for Linux.

I used it shortly on my two machines, very nice device, works great. I
considered to buy it but then I decided, that I won't buy an expensive
USB card again, because, well, it's USB, it will be dated soon, better
take a cheaper card, that I would have no problem ditching if I buy
something better later. I settled on a card about a third of the price
(the other Terratec USB card).

Ciao