Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: studio monitors - M-Audio Studiophile BX5

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: studio monitors - M-Audio Studiophile BX5
From: The Other (sstubbs_AT_shout.net)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 15:49:26 EEST

>> http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-EVE-2020V2.html
>>
>> are the Event 20/20 V2 Studio Reference Monitors, the specs are
>> shown on the page.
> That presumably makes them passive? I think the original poster
> wanted actives.
>
> Having gone to actives for my last pair myself I dont plan of
> going back,
> its one less box to drop on your foot, and makes the wiring easier.
>
> - Steve

You are correct. The Event 20/20 V2 Monitors I mentioned are
passives.

Sorry to the original poster. The actives are the Event 20/20bas V2
Biamplified Monitors currently on sale at $900US, out of your posted
price range.

If interested, here's the link to the actives--
   http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-EVE-2020BASV2.html

Stephen.