[linux-audio-user] Re: RIAA distortion [was Re: Firewire under Linux, was:

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: RIAA distortion [was Re: Firewire under Linux, was:
From: Cal (cal_AT_hihone.net)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 03:29:23 EEST

Sorry Frank, really didn't mean to offend with my ignorance of
German/English translations. Strictly speaking, the equalised signal
is indeed a "distortion" of the original. I just wanted to point out
the two major issues:

1) equalisation/entzerrer has to be applied somewhere

2) very low signal levels, which suggest the need for low noise
amplification before being suitable to feed into line level soundcard
inputs.

cheers, Cal