Re: [linux-audio-user] darla 20 -- update

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] darla 20 -- update
From: kmd (lazone_AT_pi.be)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 02:21:58 EEST

John Check wrote:
> On Sunday 22 August 2004 02:01 pm, Ryan Underwood wrote:

> Actually, I think it means those particular cards are discontinued.

>>>Last I heard echo doesn't provide info to the device driver authors.
>>>Check alsa-sound.org for the driver support info
>>
>>http://www.echoaudio.com/Downloads/Developer.php
>>
>>?
>

> Sure took 'em long enough.

I managed it to hear sound with the darla20, after following the
instructions at http://xoomer.virgilio.it/g_pochini/ea.html although i
needed a 2.4.22 multimedia kernel (i found this in the mandrake contrib
repository) before it would work. with a 2.6 kernel i had many
unresolved symbol errors when modprobing the module. need to check more
on the soundcard, but i guess i need some sleep now.

kmd