Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio Human Interface Guidelines 0.01 (was Re: mouse wheel behavior and RFC: human interface guidelines)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio Human Interface Guidelines 0.01 (was Re: mouse wheel behavior and RFC: human interface guidelines)
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 17:26:55 EEST

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:11:45PM +0100, tim hall wrote:
> Last Tuesday 24 August 2004 20:10, Lee Revell was like:
> > Additional submissions are welcome and in fact essential, since the
> > above only covers one aspect of one widget's behavior.

Here's one that I suppose is non-controversial:

 Meters and Data Plots

    Vertical meters should be oriented such that upward movement represents
    increase in the metered value and down represents decrease.

    Horizontal meters should be oriented such that rightward movement
    represents increase in the metered value and left represents decrease.
    Analog VU-style meters are considered primarily horizontal.

    3D meters and data plots should be oriented like a cartesian plane:
    up and right represents increase, down and left represents decrease.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com