Re: [linux-audio-user] Hardware incompatibility list

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Hardware incompatibility list
From: Lee Revell (rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 22:54:50 EEST

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 07:14, Malte Steiner wrote:
> Its a good idea but they need stronger servers. It seems they are
> slashdotted.

Um, the problem is not their servers. The problem is the twit who
posted the article to slashdot without getting the webmaster's OK.
People do not submit their own pages to be on slashdot, they get
submitted by others, usually without the server operator's knowledge or
consent. You cannot expect every web server to be able to handle the
slashdot effect, this is insane.

If someone submitted a slashdot article about me and included a link to
my 'web server' which is just my desktop machine, then I certainly would
not 'need a stronger server'. The jerk who posted the story without
asking me would need a LART.

Lee