Re: [linux-audio-user] Midiman Firewire/USB interfaces...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Midiman Firewire/USB interfaces...
From: kmd (lazone_AT_pi.be)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 16:06:19 EEST

Tuncer Jerome wrote:
> Anyone has had experiences with Midiman USB or Firewire interfaces?
>
> I'm particularily interested in Omnistudio (USB) and Audiophile
> (Firewire). But prior to buying, I would like to know if they're known
> to work (well?) under Linux.
>
> Thanks
>

> Jé

in case you didn't, checkout the page at
http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/ but it mentions "Nothing is known
about the OmniStudio USB". but i must say it was more or less easy to
make my midiman oxygen8 usb midi-keyboard work. the less funny part is
you have to download the windows driver and run the .exe on a windows
pc, in order to get the correct firmware file. but if you have Wine
installed you can download and run the .exe on a linuxbox. the firmware
file is located then in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp if i remember well.
and i needed a 2.6-mm kernel too to make it work. could'n load the
needed modules with a 2.4 kernel.

kmd