Re: [linux-audio-user] [ot, funny?] Can your softsynth do this, too?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ot, funny?] Can your softsynth do this, too?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 01:09:43 EEST

Hallo,
Mark Knecht hat gesagt: // Mark Knecht wrote:

> Just remember that while users may place downloaded files on
> non-executable file systems and not be able to execute them, under Linux
> users may place a bad script on non-executable file systems and execute
> them with sh badscript.sh.

Of course as Pd is quite powerful and often installed setuid root, so
indeed it can be dangerous to try pd files from unknown sources. For
those who trust websites more than email, I also put that file to:
http:/footils.org/pkg/joe.pd.gz and it should have a checksum of:

$ md5sum joe.pd.gz
f073ee72f28bd445ac4fbf405d097b52 joe.pd.gz

(Note: some browser like to unpack .gz on the fly.)

Ciao