[linux-audio-user] wikipedia entries for Linux audio ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] wikipedia entries for Linux audio ?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 16:01:26 EEST

Greetings:

  While doing some research on VST/VSTi technology I checked the
Wikipedia page for "VST". It's a good informative page, and there's even
an entry regarding the fst/libfst project. However, there was no mention
of Kjetil's vstserver and its clients. There is now.

  It occurred to me that while we're laboring over where & whether to
use wikis, there's already a place for us to get some more information
out to the public: the Wikipedia. I don't know how many other Linux
audio projects are detailed. Ardour, ALSA, Pd, and others are already
there, but I don't know how up-to-date that material is. So, would-be
documenter writers, avail thyselves of this opportunity and start
hitting the wikipedia ! Add new entries, correct the old ones, bring 'em
up to date, but just do it ! ;-)

  Thank you for your attention. We now return you to your regularly
scheduled programming.

Best,

dp