Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for buying sound gear online

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Advice for buying sound gear online
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 20:05:34 EEST

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:56:03PM +1200, Glenn McCord wrote:
> Hi all.
> As a New Zealander, I'm not privilaged enough to get the prices on audio
> gear that the US citizens do. In fact an M-Audio Delta 1010LT (at the
> current exchange rate) is going to cost twice as much here than from the
> US. Ouch!
> Does anyone recommend a website for purchasing recording gear online.
> i.e had positive experiences, good price, service etc.
> I'm looking at getting a mixer and a Delta 1010LT however I noticed some
> sites such as http://www.zzounds.com/ don't ship internationally.

I've had very good experiences with sweetwater. At times when I've been
shopping they have generally had the best prices on what I wanted. In
the one case where I had a problem with an item (bad buttons on my first
novation remote25), they sent me another one before I shipped back the
bad one and paid all the shipping.

http://www.sweetwater.com/

-Eric Rz.