Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 8 oscillator ecasynth

Subject: Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] 8 oscillator ecasynth
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 07:22:45 EEST

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 10:21:14AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
>>On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 08:35:00PM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>>>3) possibly related to 2) ... There are artifacts and glitches in the
>>>sound output. I'm not sure what to call them ... just a sort of scratchy
>>>sound when I move the controllers. I'm not sure if this is xrun related
>>>or not. Could it be something in the plugin itself? I'm not sure how to
>>>sort out where the issue is.
>>
>>Yes, its probably in the plugin, its often called "zipper noise" (it
>>sounds like someone dragging a zip), if it is that I will fix it.

Hmm ... playing with this some more tonight I hear the zipper noise with
the controls on the ecasound -ea amplifier effect. The noise in the
"steady" state of the settup, i.e., no controller movement is different.
It's a seemingly random "glitchiness" in the audio. I'm in the process
of getting my webserver online. I'll have it running this weekend and
will post some example audio snippets to demonstrate what I'm hearing.

-Eric Rz.