Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system
From: Matt Barber (brbrofsvl_AT_aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 19:32:01 EEST

->i might (with emphasis on the conditional) get some external funding
for
buying an 8-channel audio system for our school of music. i need some
recommendations on:

1) the best audio card (with linux support, of course) we could get in
the
us$ 800-1200 price range.

2) good active speakers in the us$1000-1500 price range each. (do some
speakers work better than others when put together in an octophonic set?
have no idea)

i'd really appreciate if someone could share experiences and
recommendations on this subject.<-

Will you be doing any (or lots of) 96/24 work?

Matt