Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system
From: Malte Steiner (steiner_AT_block4.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 01:58:48 EEST

luis jure wrote:

> 2) good active speakers in the us$1000-1500 price range each. (do some
> speakers work better than others when put together in an octophonic set? i
> have no idea)

With that budget I would go the Genelec route. I heard several good
multichannel setups with Genelecs in UK in universitys (namedly in
Sheffield and in Leeds).
They have a rather linear response, I use them in my own studio (the
1030). But be prepared, speakers are religion and often a starting point
of senseless flamewars.

Cheers,

Malte Steiner
media art + development
-www.block4.com-

next events:
Elektronengehirn concert + installation
10.9.2004 Galerie Lichtschliff Berlin, Germany
Notstandskomitee Live
16.9.2004 Kulturbunker Muelheim e.v., Cologne, Germany
17.9.2004 Cuba, Muenster, Germany
pure-data workshop
18.10-22.10 vivid, Birmingham, UK