Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 16:49:23 EEST

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 04:23, luis jure wrote:
> el Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:40:34 +0300
> Sampo Savolainen <v2_AT_iki.fi> escribió:
>

> > That is not true. That limitation is in ADAT. When 88.2 or 96 khz rates
> > are used, you only get 4 channels with the lightpipe instead of the 8 with
> > 44.1/48.
> >
> > The chosen sampling rate does not affect the analog inputs & outputs on
> > the multiface.
>
> whew! thanks for the clarification, the previous message left me worried,
> because i had chosen the multiface as first option, and the delta 1010 as a
> second option, in case we get a lower budget.
>

> thanks everybody for your help!!!
>

> lj

Luis,
   Be aware that 88K/96K operation is not supported by all devices that
have ADAT interfaces. RME supports it, at least on some devices, but
many/most audio interfaces do not and just shut off the ADAT interfaces
when operating atthose sampling rates. My main Pro Tools bos is that
way.

   Read the specs and owner's amnual carefully before buying if 96K
lightpipe operation is important to you.

Have fun,
Mark