Re: [Jackit-devel] ecanosc (was Re: [linux-audio-user] 8 oscillator ecasynth)

Subject: Re: [Jackit-devel] ecanosc (was Re: [linux-audio-user] 8 oscillator ecasynth)
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (eric_AT_zhevny.com)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 04:59:08 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
>>2.6.8.1 (pre-empt on -- kernel.org sources compiled via make-kpkg)
>> drives tuned in kernel config
> this is no good at all. an unpatched 2.6 kernel is not capable of
> matching even 2.4+lowlat's performance. its not necessarily true that
> this is the only source of your problem, but trying to get low latency
> performance (e.g. in the range of 64-2048 frames/period at 48kHz) out
> of this kernel isn't going to work even if you fix other issues.
> Ingo Molnar has patches that appear to make 2.6 almost
> hard-realtime-safe, a very impressive accomplishment.

Thank you, Paul. I imagine there must have been considerable discussion
of this in the past month or so that I missed ... I will look back
through the archives and try to catch up on this and find a link. If
anyone is feeling generous and willing to post a link to the patches I
will be most grateful. Otherwise, I'll see if i can find it in the archives.

Thanks,
Eric Rz.