Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm in the kernel

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm in the kernel
From: Curtis Sloan (curtis.sloan_AT_shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2004 - 01:25:08 EEST

On Tue September 7 2004 15:14, Lee Revell wrote:
<snip>
> Anyway if the author does not object, I would be willing to spearhead a
> drive to get this into the kernel. I am sure they will approve as soon
> as 100s linux audio users voice their approval...

</me comes out of lurking>

I would sign an electronic petition, send an e-mail or otherwise contribute my
voice to this drive. I've been using 2.6 kernels since the initial release
with very few hiccups on my system. I've only just started using audio
software under Linux, and I am super-excited about it. I can't stand the
thought of going back to 2.4.x kernels in terms of general system
responsiveness (my box is older -- PIII 450MHz -- and it's my desktop as well
as audio box. I guess you can see I'm just a hobbyist ;-).

I hope 2.6 becomes viable for the masses ASAP, and I'd love to see audio apps
ride the wave instead of playing catch-up. C'mon guys, bleeding edge is
FUN! ;-) j/k

Curtis

</me goes back to lurking...? TO BE CONTINUED ;-)>