Re: [linux-audio-user] usb audio device compatibilty

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb audio device compatibilty
From: Thomas Pickett (thomasr_pickett_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 01:59:51 EEST

Hello,

They will not work with kernel 2.6 (unless you patch your kernel). If
>you intend to buy one of those: buy another one.

do you have any suggestions for devices if that is the case?

Also,
          I'm going to run fedora core 1. Does that use the 2.6 kernel?

>From: Frank Barknecht <fbar_AT_footils.org>
>To: linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu
>Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] usb audio device compatibilty
>Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 00:52:57 +0200
>
>Hallo,
>Thomas Pickett hat gesagt: // Thomas Pickett wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering about compatibilty for some usb audio cards. Is
>the
> > m-audio audiophile usb compatible under linux? Is the m-audio quattro
>usb
> > comp under linux?
>
>They will not work with kernel 2.6 (unless you patch your kernel). If
>you intend to buy one of those: buy another one.
>
> > Is there a website where I can find all this info out?
>
>www.qbik.ch is quite good.
>
> > Anything wrong with using a usb device?
>
>Not in general. Latency will be a bit higher, but for "normal" use it
>works quite well, IMO.
>
>Ciao
>--
> Frank Barknecht _ ______footils.org__

to offer.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.