[linux-audio-user] Trust

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Trust
From: Tim Rønning (tim.ronning_AT_start.no)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 15:18:33 EEST

Hi everyone,

I'm about to buy a new soundcard, but havn't decided fully yet on which
product to buy. We'r not talkin Pro equipment here. The main purpose
(not the only!) ist pass through digital signals to a Meridian DAC. One
I'm lookin at is the Trust 514DX 5.1. It's fairly priced and have an
extra bracket for digital toslink and RCA. The chip is the ever so
populare c-media cd3DX cmi8738. Basically, apart from some few details
on their web site, I don't know anything about this product/chip. What
can I expect? What can it do? How does it measure, etc...... I would
greatly apriciate it if anyone out there have the knowledge and time to
give me some opinions, experiences, facts and so on....

Best regards
Tim