Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: Screen capture application...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: Screen capture application...
From: Jan Depner (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 2004 - 18:37:04 EEST

You can use Ksnapshot. If you need to capture pull down menus you can
use xwd in a script with a sleep delay as in:

sleep 5
xwd -root -out output_file.xwd
convert output_file.xwd output_file.png
rm fred.xwd

Start the script then pull down your menu and wait 5 seconds. If you
want to capture a specific window instead of the entire screen you can
use -name windowname or -id windowid instead of -root. The "convert"
command is part of ImageMagick. If you don't have that you can use
something else to convert it (don't ask me what, I have ImageMagick ;-)

Jan