Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux DAW FX box how to for noobs...New Link...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux DAW FX box how to for noobs...New Link...
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 16:51:59 EEST

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 11:32:58AM +0100, tim hall wrote:
> Last Saturday 11 September 2004 21:41, Russell Hanaghan was like:
> > http://hanaghan.mystarband.net/7397fxhowto.html
> > Constructive critism invited!
> Immediate thoughts.
> Yep. Way too many words in general, you lost me about half-way through
> paragraph 5. All I want to know is how to do this thing. Personally I also

It should be noted that this is often useful to do in a first draft. As
Russell said, it started as a brain dump. Often when I sit down to write
it takes several paragraphs, or pages even, to figure out exactly what
it is I want to say. That's part of what first drafts are for, imho. I
just wanted to mention it so that Russ and any other potential
documentation writers don't get intimidated into thinking that what
comes out first has to be the final word. It's good to just put down
whatever comes out the first time through. You can always throw the
fluff away on subsequent revisions.

> think it works better to refer to Microsoft Windows in a more respectful
> manner, I know that's not necessarily how any of us feel about it, but it
> makes a difference to the potential migrator. People take it personally being
> told their OS is useless, even (or especially) if they know it's less than

I'll second this sentiment. Microsoft products do a fairly good job of
showing their weaknesses on their own. There's no need to resort to
name-calling for explicitly belittling the already self-evident
inferiority. :)

> Keep up the good work!

I'll second that as well.

-Eric Rz.