[linux-audio-user] hermes input?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] hermes input?
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 20:47:55 EEST

I got about half way through an ecasound set up for controlling many of
hermes' 52 parameters with midi controllers and noticed the "input gain"
control. I was under the impression hermes could run as a stand alone
synth. But, I guess the name it bears, "hermes filter", might suggest
otherwise. I tried to catch Steve on irc today, but kept missing him.

Does anyone know if the input is optional for hermes?

If input is required, can I feed it an ecasound null input and still
get sounds out of it?

I'll use it however it's supposed to work. I just want to understand my
options.

Thanks,
Eric Rz.