[linux-audio-user] Advice for sox recording options

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Advice for sox recording options
From: Dylan (audio_AT_dylan.me.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 14 2004 - 23:05:25 EEST

Hi All,

I'm setting up some cron jobs to record radio programmes while I'm on
holiday. I've got a basic command:

sox -t ossdsp -r 44100 -l -c 2 /dev/dsp test.wav

which records IIUC at CD quality (44.1K, 16bit, stereo) from my sound
card input. Levels are set independently by aumix.

Is this a good set of options? Is there anything else I should consider?
Disk space is no particular issue as I have 120Gig available and this
seems to use 10MB/minutes - meaning I have close on 200 hours if my
calculations are right...

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers
Dylan