[linux-audio-user] ALSA compile failed was: Output problem SPDIF-related

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA compile failed was: Output problem SPDIF-related
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 01:07:07 EEST

I wrote:

> I am now trying to compile the 2.6.8.1 kernel with alsa 1.0.7 rc1. It
> may be strange idea, but I'm somewhat reluctant to to go to an -rc
> kernel as yet. I'll report whether the problem is gone.

The compile has failed at "LD .tmp_vmlinux1", with repeated error
messages like this:

sound/built-in.o(.text+0x2baf): In function `snd_info_create_entry':
: undefined reference to `kcalloc'

So, do I have to switch to an -rc kernel (or wait for 2.6.9) in order to
get new ALSA?

(I can of course go to alsa-devel, but decided to ask here first,
because other people with the same SPDIF device might be interested...)

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik