Re: [linux-audio-user] Linuxsampler problems

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linuxsampler problems
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 2004 - 23:54:50 EEST

davidrclark_AT_earthlink.net wrote:
> Dave (Phillips),
>
> I had to alter a file for libgig:
>
> [davec]libgig $ diff src/gig.h.org src/gig.h
> 588c588
> < class Instrument : protected DLS::Instrument {
> ---
>
>> class Instrument : public DLS::Instrument {
>

> Crude but effective for compilation (but see below).
>

> Also, even though libgig is installed, qsampler config appears not to find
> it. It's installed in /usr/local/lib/libgig. Another problem is that
> qsampler cannot actually load a *.gig file:
>
> gig::Engine error: Failed to load instrument, cause: Can't open "NON_MODAL
> '/usr/local/dosh/Gigs/etc...'"
>
> I have been assuming that this is libgig-related, or maybe I should say
> libgig-qsampler interface-related. I have not tested libgig by itself.
> After reading Rui's message, I'm not so sure what the problem is.
>
> Best regards,
> Dave.
>
> P.S. I'm going to be sans computer for a few days, so won't be able to
> respond to followups.... but I hope this helps someone.

I have noted elsewhere that even on my version LS often does this sort
of thing when I first try to load a gig file. QSampler then opens the
gui with one instance, but no gig is loaded. I then will tell that
instance to load the gig file by clicking instance icon on the left hand
side and then telling it to do it a second time.

Note also that the version I run is pretty old and it does not handle
MIDI channel assignment correctly so I just leave the channel on it's
default value. I can run multipl einstances all respondign to the same
channel number as a test case. (But not an interesting musical case...)

= Mark