Re: [linux-audio-user] building fst fails at make install step

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] building fst fails at make install step
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 17:12:17 EEST

Greetings:

  All of this points up why I wish the tutorials were wiki-ized. The fst
1.6 package has not been repaired, even though I sent a notice to the
developers quite some time ago. I certainly deplore the existence of
misleading information as much as anyone else, but I simply can't keep
up with things like this anymore.

  I'm sorry for wasting your time, Mark, and I hope you get things
operational despite my instructions. ;) I know how it feels: yesterday
I spent an hour compiling xine for my laptop, only to find that the UI
wouldn't build unless I used a newer version of the library. Grrr...

  Luke, if you or anyone else can supply me with updated
compile/installation/configuration details for libfst or the vstserver
I'll do one more update on the tutorial. Please try to point out where
my tutorial is failing for you and I'll make the necessary changes.

Best regards,

dp