[linux-audio-user] USB Audio has played but no longer does so.

Subject: [linux-audio-user] USB Audio has played but no longer does so.
From: Chris Lyon (chris.lyon_AT_spritenote.co.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 17:13:48 EEST

Dear all,

Roland UA-100 plugged into PC, usbview detects interface.

aplay -l doesn't report any knowledge of the device.

I believe I have loaded the appropriate modules, snd-usb-audio but the
system resolutely refuses to make music as it has before. I would
include the appropriate modules.conf files to show but this E-mailing
machine and the linux box are not connected and I feel cross reading
would be a little error strewn.

Can anyone outline a procedure for checking at which point a problem
might occur and, if possible, a list of command line utilities that can
reveal precisely what components are loaded. Is it possible to load
modules incompletly such that a component identifies it's presence but
isn't actual functioning. If this is so how does one check the dependancies?

I understand that amix and alsamixer won't recognise the presence of a
USB connected audio interface, is this the case?

Any help appreciated.

Chris Lyon