Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA - is there any concept of plugin automation?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA - is there any concept of plugin automation?
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 00:54:00 EEST

Andrew Dahlin wrote:
> ardour does support plugin automation. take the track that you have the effect on, click on the 'a' button under the track name and it will let you do automation for any parameter of a plugin. make sure you have aplay turned on when you play the track back too =)
> --Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I'm trying to get Ardour rebuild with fst_1.6. I'll give
it a try as soon as that's really working. (So far it isn't...)

I guess that LADSPA makes all parameters visible to an app like Ardour?
In Pro Tools it's a two step thing. You choose the plugin and choose
which parameters to allow automation on. Only then do they become
visible to Pro Tools.

Thanks very much for your help.