Re: [linux-audio-user] building fst fails at make install step

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] building fst fails at make install step
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 02:08:05 EEST

Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 01:37:14AM EST, Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>>I've always run fixheaders from the top-level directory by using
>>'./fixheaders' but the tutorial didn't make that clear. However, I've
>>followed your practice and indicated that the user should cd to the
>>fst-x.x/vst directory and run '../fixheaders'. That should resolve that
>>difficulty. Btw, I've not had to do anything more to those files, so I'm
>>not sure what further fixes Luke has in mind.
>

> When I built fst, I only had to run the fixheaders script. However, when I tried
> to build Jack fst, the build failed due to errors in one of the header files.
> I was using the latest SDK from Steinberg at the time. I remember being able to
> make a small modification to the header file, and fst built successfully,
> although I never managed to get it running.

Luke,
    I had the same problems. Workign offline with some of the developers
they sent me the modified aeffectx.h file which allowed me to get
jack_fst to build. However right now it won't run due to some old wine
stuff being installed in the wrong area.

    I have a bad habbit of pulling the compile trigger rather quickly.
It's just code. It should work. Right? If it doesn't no harm done. Right?

    Wrong. I had Ardour working with VST plugin support just yesterday,
but discovered while talking to las and essej that all on of the stuff I
built by hand I never used the --prefix=/usr option so everything was in
/usr/local. I made a decision to clean that up. So far I have pretty
much all of the stuff rebuit - wine, fst, jack_fst, ardour and I don't
know how many other things, but unfortunately I'm having one continueing
problem. When I try to run jack_fst it ends up complaining about not
being able to find a file in /usr/local/lib, so womewher out there on my
system there are still remnents of the old setup.

    Now my job is essentially search and destroy...

    I will get this done...I will get this done...I will...

    Thanks for your help and support!

Cheers,
Mark