Re: [linux-audio-user] Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and MIDI

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and MIDI
From: Hans Fugal (fugalh_AT_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 19:28:55 EEST

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:52:17 -0700, Russell Hanaghan
<hanaghan_AT_starband.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 September 2004 08:34 am, Hans Fugal wrote:
> > The card works great for PCM.
> >
> > Which software I use to patch the midi depends on my mood, but usually
> > aconnectgui or aconnect.
> >
> > Haven't been fiddling with jack or Qjackctl yet.
> >
> > I'm trying to get my midi controller keyboard to make noise out the
> > soundcard, is all.
>
> Hmmm. Ok...so maybe the wrong midi device? How many midi devices show
> in /dev/snd ? If more than one, try patching around.

$ ls /dev/snd
controlC0 midiC0D0 pcmC0D0p pcmC0D2p pcmC1D0c pcmC1D1c seq
controlC1 pcmC0D0c pcmC0D1p pcmC0D3p pcmC1D0p pcmC1D1p timer

The TB is card 0.

> TB also has several outs for pcm (Surround stuff) but sound like your already
> using the card for normal stereo audio.

I will fiddle with the mixer more this evening. Perhaps the fm synth
is on master1 or some other pcm...

fugalh_AT_falcon:~$ aconnect -oil
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer '
    1 'Announce '
        Connecting To: 63:0
client 64: 'CS46XX - Rawmidi 0' [type=kernel]
    0 'CS46XX '

(the keyboard is turned off and I'm not at home to turn it on)

--
De gustibus non disputandum est.