Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI on alsa with SBLIve

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MIDI on alsa with SBLIve
From: The Other (sstubbs_AT_shout.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 07:31:16 EEST

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:11:55 -0700, Erik Steffl <steffl_AT_bigfoot.com> wrote:
> that's the one from soundblaster cd (that came with the card), works
> for me (kernel 2.6.5 with alsa, soundbalster live platinum), I use
> sfxload to load it (IIRC you need /dev/sequencer working).

Hello Eric,

I have a SB Live! Value card that I'm trying to find the sfxload program
for. I'm using ALSA 1.0.4 on a LinuxFromScratch 5.1 system that I'm
building. The references to sfxload I've seen say that it's in the ALSA
1.0.4 Utilites package, but I can't find it there. Was sfxload dropped
 from the utilities package and I need to find an older ALSA package, such
as the 0.9.6 version to get it?

I am successfully using the Sound Blaster Gameport/Midi adapter cable to
run a MIDI cable to a Roland Sound Expansion model (M-GS64). aplaymidi
using the port 64:0 MPU-401 works fine with the Roland.

But I would like to also be able to use the port-- 65:0 Emu10k1
WaveTable. For that I appear to need the sfxload program.

Where to get sfxload?

TIA,
Stephen Stubbs.