Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] ices-jack pico-howto

Subject: Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] ices-jack pico-howto
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 08:38:17 EEST

Karl Heyes wrote:
>>you may even get away with using your distro's libvorbis, although i
>>think ices-kh does require ogg2 and won't compile with plain old ogg.
>

> no, ogg2 is not required, and AFAIK the vorbis codec may not be working
> with it just yet.

in that case, there seems to be a minor oddity with the ices
configuration script - a friend tried to build it on a debian
testing box, and he got errors that looked like a missing libogg2 -
maybe i misinterpreted the message.

anyway, i assumed it was needed and built it.

but you are of course right, neither my ices nor the icecast binary
actually link to libogg2... sorry for the misinformation.

	- Brian W. Kernighan

Jörn Nettingsmeier Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)