[linux-audio-user] Selecting Streams Based on a Priority Policy ?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Selecting Streams Based on a Priority Policy ?
From: Iain Young (iain_AT_g7iii.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 22:22:32 EEST

Hi All,

Does anyone know of an application that will automatically select a stream
from a set of streams that I define, depending on (for instance) there is
a certain level of data coming from the stream in question ?

I'm looking for something that can handle streams from an internet site,
rather than just file based.

I'm not particularly bothered where it hooks in to the entire Sound Stack -
ALSA, arts, etc, I can work that easily enough myself.

I've looked at the feature lists of applications such as like Ardour
(http://ardour.soureforget.net/), ProTux (http://www.nongnu.org/protux/),
and Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) have, and they don't quite
seem to do what I need, and they seem to be file based, rather than
internet stream based.

It would be nice if it also had a good (and 'proper') scope associated
with it, similar to those shown in the screenshots for the aforementioned
Ardour, ProTux, Audacity, and Baudline (http://www.baudline.com).

However, if anyone knows of a standalone scope of that ilk, that would
tap into either arts, or ALSA output, that would also be great.

Iain