Re: [linux-audio-user] Is everyone sick of interrupts yet?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Is everyone sick of interrupts yet?
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 2004 - 18:40:29 EEST

Hi Brad,

> > > I'm getting 5.8 msec latency in JACK with 128
> frames/period at 44100 and
> > > 2 periods/buffer. A huge improvement over the
> 46.1 msec using RH9 with
> > > capabilities.

I'm confused. jackstart -R -p512 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100
-p128 -n2 is 5.8 msec of latency and it can't be
anything else. The issue is whether or not the system
will perform reliably with these settings.

I was misinterpreting your statements. You couldn't
reliably run 128 frames with with RH9 and 2.4 kernel.
Is that correct? Doh, I went and deleted the rest of
your message--the improved low buffer size reliability
is in a FC2/2.6 kernel?

Have you done any tests with Ardour and JAMin at 128
frames?

Well, those are encouraging improvements.

With my setup, I'm getting decent enough reliability
at 128 frames but when I record and mix, I turn it
back to 1024. Under no circumstances can I tolerate a
single xrun.

ron